Bug: X Y Z Manual rotation [DEFERED]

Talks about know version bugs and gives you a solution

Moderator: Admins

adminforum
Site Admin

Bug: X Y Z Manual rotation [DEFERED]

Post by adminforum » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 pm

[January 2007 version]

In manual rotation mode, rotations on axis X can be badly interpreted due to the Matrix angles extraction.

The best way to avoid this behavior is start modeling the entity with:
X axis (red) to the right of the current perspective view,
Y axis (green) to the depth
Z axis (blue) up.

These axis settings limits the X and Y rotations ...

Also, the bug can appears leaving the rotation mode, entering in move mode : in this case, leave rotation mode by clicking in the view (somewhere without geom) then enter move mode.

jstoquica

Re: Bug: X Y Z, default ground Y

Post by jstoquica » Mon May 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Good day,

I am working with marilou 2010, and i follow the appropiate tutorial. I cannot edit or change the default ground in physics parameters, in fact the tutorial default ground configuration is "Create infinite ground plane at Z = ", in my case the option show "Create infinite ground plane at Y = ".

When i serach any topic according to learn more about marilou option, i have to be careful with the axis relation (Z->Y).

How can i modify or edit a default configuration???? is a beta version feature????

Thank You for attend forum.

LR

Re: Bug: X Y Z Manual rotation [DEFERED]

Post by LR » Wed May 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello,

Here is an error in the documentation : since Marilou 2010, axes system is now Y up. So, the default ground plane is created on XZ plane, at a Y vertical position (plane normal along Y).
When i serach any topic according to learn more about marilou option, i have to be careful with the axis relation (Z->Y).
Yes its true, sorry for that: we changed it in Marilou 2010 in order to unify Marilou / DirectX / ODE physics engine matrix. Now, all is Y up. There are some topics to be updated in the documentation.
How can I modify or edit a default configuration???? is
If you are talking about your project's Default Configuration: simply double click on it from the project tree explorer .... a window opens, then change your options then save your project (or run it)
LR