Moda tutorial example simulation problem

Questions about Marilou Open Devices Access (MODA)
Jkoli

Moda tutorial example simulation problem

Post by Jkoli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi i am studying as a mechanical engineer and i have to do a project simulation on marilou.
I started with the tutorial so that i could learn marilou and i followed each step..
But when i create the example programm Obstacle Avoidance and compile it my simulation wont run..
When i double click the solution from the programm (i did it in VS2008 xpress edition) it gets me the message:na

"Moda:trying to connect to moda server primary channel <localhost:13000>
Moda:unable to connect
Moda:disconnected
Moda:working with server protocol 1 <latest=3>
Moda:disconnected
Moda:disconnected "

I have windows 7 and moreover i have insert inbound and outbound rules on firewall settings for port13000 although it seems port13000 is closed.
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks anyone for reading this..

LR

Re: Moda tutorial example simulation problem

Post by LR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:14 am

Hi,

The first thing to do is to check if your firewall does not lock TCP connections on port 13000:

- Open with Marilou editor the sample "samples/scenes/testworld/TestWorld.mdsp"
- Run the simulation. The Exec windows must open and run automatically a TestWorld.exe (a C++ program MODA based) located in "samples/scenes/testworld/C++" sub directory.
- Check in the console window if the TestWorld.exe application is able to connect to MODA server (embedded in Exec), and if the robots are moving themselves.

If yes, there is no problem with your firewall, otherwise you have to allow the 13000 port at least on the loopback.

A newbie response : Do not forget to run Exec (run simulation) BEFORE running your own application ... whereas, it cannot connect to anything ...
LR

Jkoli

Post by Jkoli » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:55 am

Ok i tried ...

and when i pressec CTL+F5 to run simulation...the simulation window opened grey and an error message appeared... :(

Error message

"Unable to start process 'c:\Program files\marilou2010\Samples\scenes\testworld\C++\VS2006\x64\Release\Testworld.exe cause:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception:Uknown error (0xd8) to System.diagnostics.ProcessStartwithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartWothstartInfo)
to System.Diagnostics.Process.Start to ],] PostBuildPhysics().

LR

Post by LR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

I suggest you install the latest Marilou version because "VS2006\x64" ... i don't know what is this directory.

Today, all samples are now outing in "..\out directory" (so you can re-build them for VC6 to VC2008, they produce the .exe file in the same location)

If you are already running the v4.7.16, really i don't understand what is the "VS2006\x64" directory ....
LR

Jkoli

Post by Jkoli » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 am

Ok i download and reinstall marilou and now i have 4.6.17 ..The testworld runs perfectly...but the tutorial obstacle avoidance still doesnt work...i am sure that i am doing something wrong...

To create the obstacle avoidance tutorial program...i create a VS2008 aplication from the wizard then i open VS2008 xpress edition and i Copy/paste the code from the help index...i compile it successfully and then when i add in the configuration panel as shown in help and CTR+f5 it doesnt work..

Any feedback?

LR

Post by LR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 am

is it still the error : "Moda:trying to connect to moda server primary channel <localhost:13000>"

in this case, try to replace localhost by 127.0.0.1.

You can also open the samples/documentation/simpledifferencial project (it is the tutorial sample) and run it directly with Marilou editor in order to check if it is your build or a firewall problem.
LR

Jkoli

Post by Jkoli » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:31 am

Ok i opened it and it was working that means that the problem is in my build?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

LR

Post by LR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Probably ... or a rule block the .exe file. I suggest you temporary disable all your firewall to check it.

If it doesn't work, send a zip of your project to support at anykode dot com. We will take a look (this evening because we are not at office this afternoon).
LR